8.13.2009

Bossa Nova!


click pic for larger image

When I'm lucky anyway.


click pic for larger image

The everybody's irregular gang has gone through some serious upgrades, getting a few new recruits this Summer. A fan favorite among fans has been Mr. Mosskawitz, commonly referred to by human earthlings as Cole.

This here is a photograph of him working diligently on a collab drawing, which has become quite the popular event with this here gang.


click pic for larger image

Here's a detail of this drawstrosity. I threw down the colors at the get-go, followed by Cole's lovely lines and a massive high-five to Mr. John Sweeney for bringing us home with the dirty, diggit background.

If you have enjoyed this image I implore you to check out Cole's blog which houses a few fancy, perhaps even fancier than this even, collabs between even more pals.


click pic for larger image

Before such events transpired, what got this evening rolling was an invitation to Panera. Now I had already eaten, but that didn't mean I couldn't hold a conversation...that was until I found this wonderful bag to draw on. Thank the good folks at Panera for already drawing all the noses for me. You guys are swell.


click pic for larger image

The meditator to the left is working on layouts for his comic book. Lots of space, space monsters and a giant bat! I may have said too much, ho ho.

The ascending gentlemen to right is catching some air before the long trek to a karaoke bar...that actually wasn't doing karaoke that night. Bummer. We rose above however, another night reining in the sin.


click pic for larger image

These photos chronicle the final moments of a good meal. Unfortunately my half of the group arrived very late for the dinner, however, we were lucky enough to have friends with the patience (and stomachs) of mountain men. I salute you sirs!

Another evening ending with similar shenanigans as the night prior. I think we got it right the first time, but you can't be too careful.


click pic for larger image

God help me if this is the same night...I would assume it has to be. Not only did the 6 dinner mates trek back to the pad for some hang out time, but a few famous faces made their way over as well.

At peak hours of the night every guest had a sketchbook and was drawing. No one was talking and I didn't want to disturb the chi-flow.

Some interesting pieces were born that evening, hopefully they will make their way around the web.


click pic for larger image

Hey - remember this kind of stuff? Me neither.

No comments: